Thursday, March 06, 2008

Your Call

IT’S IN YOUR HANDS

 

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth… Store them in heaven

where they will never lose their value.”

(Jesus in Matthew 6:19-20, TLB)

 

According to legend, writes Zig Ziglar, a very wise old man lived

on a hilltop overlooking the beautiful city of Venice in Italy. It was

reputed that he could answer any question anyone might ask him.

Two local boys figured they could trick him, so caught a bird and

took it to the wise sage.

 

“Tell us,” they asked, “is the bird in our hand dead or alive?”

 

The wise man replied, “Son, if I say the bird is alive, you will close

your hands and crush it to death. Or, if I say the bird is dead,

you will open your hands and it will fly away. The answer is in

your hands.”

 

And so it is with life. Whether we succeed or fail, live a meaningful

or empty life, lay up treasures in heaven or go empty handed

to meet our Lord and Savior, it’s all in our hands!

 

Suggested prayer: “Dear God, help me to realize that the outcome

of my life is in my hands and that with your help I can invest

my life in eternity and thereby lay up treasures in heaven.

Gratefully, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

No comments: