Thursday, March 06, 2008

Responsibility

THE BLAME GAME

 

“People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess

and forsake them, they will receive mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13, NLT)

 

Bishop Kennedy tells a good little story about a mother who heard

the family cat yowl in pain. She knew where to look: she looked for

her son Tommy, and said, “Tommy, stop pulling the cat’s tail.”

 

Replied Tommy, “I’m not pulling his tail. I’m just standing on it.

He’s doing the pulling!”

 

Comments the bishop: “So we put the blame on the cat, or on the

poor, or on the government, or on the union. This is the age of the

alibi. Where does one find an honest facing of the facts and a true

picture of the situation?”

 

As I’ve said before, when we play the blame game we will B--LAME!

 

Suggested prayer: “Dear God, help me to always be responsible

and admit when I make a mistake, when I break something that is

not mine, when I am wrong, and when I sin, and wherever possible

always help me make amends. Gratefully, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

No comments: