Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Devil

THE DEVIL’S FUTURE

 

“Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)

 

A friend recently gave me the following quote. I like it. I think

You will too if you’re not familiar with it: “When Satan comes

to remind me about my past, I remind him about his future.”

 

One thing Satan does is to continually accuse us before God

(Revelation 12:10). When he does this and we are aware of it,

or when he comes to us to accuse us, we can remind him not only

about his future in hell but also that Christ shed his blood on

the cross and gave his life to pay for our sins and has washed them

all away. So what’s there to accuse us of if we have confessed

our sins to Christ and asked for and accepted his forgiveness?

 

Because Christ died for us and cleansed us from our sins, we can

in his Name resist the devil, as James said, and he will flee from us.

Satan hates the name of Jesus. Be sure to mention it when Satan

comes to tempt you.

 

Suggested prayer: “Dear God, please help me to resist the devil

when he comes to accuse or to tempt me. Help me to remember

to remind him of his future and to mention your Name so he

will flee from me. Gratefully, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

No comments: