Friday, March 07, 2008

Remember... Today

REMEMBER… TODAY

 

“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day

of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6:2,  NKJV)

 

I recall reading the following anonymous poem,

“Remember,” some time ago in one of Leo Buscaglia’s

books. I believe it was “Living, Loving and Learning.”

It impacted me then. It still does.

 

Remember

 

Remember the day I borrowed your

   brand new car and I dented it?

I thought you’d kill me,

   but you didn’t.

And remember the time I dragged you to the beach,

   and you said it would rain, and it did?

I thought you’d say, “I told you so,

   but you didn’t.

Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys

   to make you jealous, and you were?

I thought you’d leave me,

   but you didn’t

Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie

   all over your car rug?

I thought you’d hit me,

   but you didn’t.

And remember the time I forgot to tell you the

   dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?

I thought you’d drop me,

   but you didn’t.

Yes, there were lots of things

   you didn’t do.

But you put up with me,

   and you loved me,

   and you protected me.

There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you

   when you returned from Viet Nam

But you didn’t!

 

Do you need to call a friend today… tell someone that

you appreciate them… that you love them? Do you need

to restore an impaired relationship… ask someone for

forgiveness… forgive someone? And above all, do you

need to put your life right with God… or accept Jesus as

your personal Lord and Savior and be sure of Heaven?

Whatever it is you’ve been putting off, don’t delay. Do it

today.

 

Suggested prayer, “Dear God, please show me the most

important thing I need to do today. Give me the wisdom

to know how to do it, and the courage not to defer it, not

to put it off, but to do it today. Gratefully in Jesus’ name.

Amen.”

No comments: