Friday, February 29, 2008

PRAYER 4

WONDERFUL ANSWER TO PRAYER

 

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask

anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he

hears us -- whatever we ask -- we know that we have what we asked

of him.” (1 John 5:14-15, NIV)

 

Here’s some good news. Some weeks ago a Daily Encounter addressed

the “problem” of infertility. As I reported, I’ve never received more

responses about any DE than this one. Well here’s a note from the lady

who raised the question in the first place. She wrote:

 

Dear Dick , I wrote to you a few months ago about infertility.

Thankfully you touched on the subject and it got a lot of responses.

Well , I have a praise report to share with you! My husband and I

have learned that I am indeed pregnant!

 

We are expecting twins in February of 2002! I am still

in complete shock and even though I see the babies on ultra sound

I find it so hard to believe. God has totally taken my sorrow

and turned it into joy. Thank you so much for your prayers

and please continue to pray for those that are waiting to hear

those precious words, “You’re pregnant!” (L.J.)

 

The key thus in getting prayer answered is to pray according to

God’s will for when we do, we know that he hears our prayer and

will grant us the request we have asked for. And why it is God’s will

for some people to have children and others it isn’t, I don’t know.

Only God knows the answers to such questions.

 

In the mean time, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,

by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard

your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV)

 

Suggested prayer, “Dear God, please help me to learn how to pray

according to and in harmony with your will so I will know that you

will hear and answer my prayer, and grant me the request I have asked for.

Gratefully in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

No comments: