Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Will Jesus Come Again?

WILL JESUS COME AGAIN?

 

“In my Father’s home [heaven] there are many rooms;

if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there

to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place

for you, I will come back and take you to be with me.”

(John 14:2–3, NIV)

 

Year after year with “tireless regularity and eternal patience,”

God reminds the world every Christmas that he sent his Son,

Jesus, to save lost mankind. Christmas is also God’s reminder

that Jesus is coming back to earth for all who have accepted

him as their personal Lord and Savior.

 

His first coming is an indisputable fact of history. His

second coming to end this world age is as certain. According

to Bible scholars, there are 1,845 references in the Old

Testament and 318 in the New Testament about Christ’s

coming again. This means for every prophecy in the Bible

about Christ’s first coming—every one of which was fulfilled

in minute detail—there are eight about his second coming!

 

Jesus is coming again. God has promised this in his Word,

the Bible. Jesus himself promised it as well. And all the

signs that Jesus and the Bible said would immediately

precede his return are evident today, also reminding us that

Christ’s return could be very soon. If it were today, would you

be ready?

 

Christmas is also a reminder to all Christians that Jesus

has commissioned all of us to spread his message of salvation

to everyone everywhere (Mark 16:15). Jesus said that,

“This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world

as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

(Matthew 24:14, NIV) Never has this been more possible

than it is today because our generation has the greatest means

of worldwide communications the world has ever seen.

 

Suggested prayer: “Dear God, how can I ever thank you enough

for your great CHRISTmas love gift to me and to the world.

In appreciation for all you have done for me, I surrender my

heart and life afresh to you. Please make me usable and use me

in whatever way you will to be a part of your plan to spread

the gospel to the world in which I live and in some way to people

around the world. Gratefully, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

No comments: