Monday, July 16, 2007

The Best Giving Quotes

Yesterday, a brother who gave the exhortation for giving in a Sunday worship service gave some very good quotes about giving. See them below.

 

1.       If everyone gives one thread, the poor man will have a shirt.

unknown

 

2.      No person was ever honored for what he received. He was honored for what he gave.

Calvin Coolidge

 

3.      Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting.

Princess Elizabeth, Asquith Bibesco

 

4.      We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.

Winston Churchill

 

5.       Give to God what right – not what’s left.

unknown

 

6.      A lot of people are willing to give God the credit, but not too many are willing to give Him the cash.

unknown

 

7.      If you can feed a hundred people, then just feed one.

Mother Teresa

 

8.      It’s important to give it all you have while you have the chance.

Shania Twain

 

9.      The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.

Albert Einstein

 

10.   No church ever has a money problem, only a faithfulness problem.

– Brian Kluth, Pastor and Generosity Speaker & Author

 

11.   The Dead Sea is the dead sea because it continually receives and never gives.

– unknown

 

12.   There’s no good reason to be the richest man in the cemetery.

– Col. Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken

 

13.   My mind tells me to give, but my heart won’t let me.

– the Exhorter

 

 

Hearing this, I remembered the story of how, in a church, members were called to give their

testimonies and thanksgiving, and share tell the congregation how God has moved in their lives.

One after another came, until a gentleman in a nice suit stood up infront and boldly proclaimed,

“The reason why God has blessed me much today is that when I was 5 years old, I did not withhold

from him my $2. I wanted so much to buy an ice cream with it, but I dropped it in the offering plate.

Now, I’ve become a billionaire!” And without waiting for another word from the man, an old lady

suddenly stood up and shouted, “I challenge you to do it again!”

 

Most of the time, we are also told that God looks at the heart when we give. He isn’t concerned much

on how much we give. I think that is not entirely correct. He does give attention to both heart,

and how much. See the account of the widow and her two mites.

 

Mark 12:41-44,

As Jesus sat near the Temple treasury, he watched the people as they dropped in their money. Many rich men dropped in a lot of money; then a poor widow came along and dropped in two little copper coins, worth about a penny. He called his disciples together and said to them, "I tell you that this poor widow put more in the offering box than all the others. For the others put in what they had to spare of their riches; but she, poor as she is, put in all she had -- she gave all she had to live on."

 

No comments: