Thursday, September 20, 2007

How Great is the Father's Love...

Yesterday, and the few days and weeks before, I have been training some colleagues

on the system that we use in our company. Purpose of the training is to have some

back-ups in times of need, whether or not I am present.

 

And one thing struck me: in my years of doing the job, I have accumulated vast knowledge

and have also honed my skills in analyzing systems and developing solutions using softwares.

 

I remember how I started. I had the desire to learn, and I had the resources. More than literatures

and printed materials, I have the very, very seasoned developers in our IT group. And most

importantly, I have the problem to solve, or the targetted goal. More or less, I knew the end in mind.

This is very important – focus will always be aligned towards this objective.

 

Thus I began, reading, coding, trying… endless hours of typing and being infront of the computer.

And this also started the endless stream of asking questions to our senior programmers. Which paid off.

 

5 years or so after, I find that I am the one in the senior level, and I am now passing on the baton

to the next generation. And I’ve come to the realization that I have gone so far from my first step years back.

 

The reflection? Like a father teaching a child; all the experiences and age-ripened wisdom and knowledge applied.

The father would be very patient in the process, being careful not to use terms and language that the child doesn’t

understand – simly because the child hasn’t matured. And yet the father continues on with the end in mind that

one day, the child will also become mature, like him.

 

The impression? Like God, drawing back sinful man to Him. Even though God knew that the gap is such that

it would seem impossible to be bridged, God did what only He can do, as our Father. He sent His Son to die for us,

and bring us back to Him, in His fellowship.

 

“But God commends his own love toward us,

 in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 5:8

 

 

No comments: